Sunday 26 July 2020

Ramblings from a night, long long ago..

I dug a real deep hole for myself, like a rabbit burrowing down, looking for comfort and warmth 
And I got real comfortable, maybe just a little too much, like a frog in a boiling pot - enjoying the tiny bubbles
All these years of personal anguish has fallen like debris on top 
And the scalding vapour is starting to finally get to me
Now I have no other choice but to claw myself out of the hole
And climb on top of the hubris
And I need to do this one step at time
To keep my acrophobia in check
What am I gonna find on the top? Where am I gonna end up? 
On the sky? 
With the stars? 
With the Sun and the Moon? 
Under the clouds that brood dark overhead and rain thunderstorms? 
Or under a pile of more dust and dirt? 
Or is it a void devoid of sound and light? 
Or is it simply gonna be freedom?
The freedom of choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment