Sunday 26 July 2015

Gone Girl

Gone Girl - The movie

Wow, watched the movie last night and the one thing that popped out in the end was "Gone Girl is a crazy new level of mindf***".

Damn, I watched it late at night and went to sleep but I couldn't. I was just lying there pondering about the story and the incidents and such. According to me, if any movie makes you think about it, makes you use your brain to wonder about it after you watch the movie, then it is a good movie. That means you haven't just wasted your time on nothing.

I know it's a thriller and all and that it's not exactly a horror movie. But the movie got me scared. Whoa, that's what kept me awake for a long time. The fact that it is possible in real life scared me a lot.

I know it's adapted from a novel and I am thinking the novel will be even more scarier because a lot of the context will be left to our imagination and I will imagine the worst thing almost every time.

I like Ben Affleck and he did suit the role well (though I have huge doubts about him "suiting" a "certain  role"). I should say I liked Argo better. Don't know why exactly, maybe because of the length of the movie. Gone Girl is a tad too long.

Rosamund Pike - the perfect match. She was absolutely perfect as Amy Dunne.

They did not use Neil Patrick Harris well enough, I mean we all know what he is capable of, our beloved Barney.

Overall good job by David Fincher, the cast and yes the screenplay was awesome!

I'd recommend y'all to watch it once.

p.s I was very careful not to give away any spoilers, so there's not much detailed description


No comments:

Post a Comment